1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

More blower power

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jahbp, Apr 24, 2008.

1. jahbp

jahbp LawnSite Member

Dose anyone modify their blower to get more air speed I narrow the end of the nozzle of my Redmax blower it seems to get more air flow.

2. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

How did you do that? I was thinking about trying to put a stihl tube on it you know the one with the bullet look.

3. jahbp

jahbp LawnSite Member

I cut the tip of the Sthil off then tape on end of nozzle adds at least 15mph or more.I now the new shindy blower comes with a add on nozzle to get more air speed they say the air speed is 230mph I would like to demo one of them soon.

4. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

gatorade bottle. cut off the bottom n it fits over the end. ghetto? absolutely. works? you better believe it.

5. flattoplawncare

How can i get a stihl tube???

6. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I had use hair dryer to heat plastic up and reshape them before, never try on blower tube, just a though. If you ruin it, I don't know you.:waving:

I think you are just trading air speed with air volume. I am not sure it is a win.

7. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

go to a Stihl dealer! :drinkup:

8. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I'd rather have cfm's than mph.

9. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Agree, I think instead spending more money on a weaker blower, safe up money towards a stronger one.

10. flattoplawncare

I have a redmax ebz8001 that about tops them all, But i do like the stihl tube, just wondering what it would do myself.