Lawn Care Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, thanks to all who gave me their advise on my questions about the NPR. Most of you were quite favorable of the truck. Some were quite skeptical. I have decided not to get one in spite of my thoughts that it would be the perfect truck for me. I had previously driven one around the block near the shop. Seemed very nice and quite peppy for a 4 banger. My dealer agreed to let me drive one around town for a couple of hours the other day, so that I could get more of a "feel" for it. It turned great, handled great, and even rode pretty good. BUT, when I got to the interstate, I bumped off the overdrive switch on the on-ramp so that I could see what type of RPM's it would turn while towing a trailer. I was very dissapointed when the truck would not go over 55mph and the engine was screaming. That told me it was no good for towing at highway speeds. So maybe a Cummins 3500 Stake body or the F-350 Powerstroke will be in order.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.