1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

More user friendly

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Feb 16, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

There, finally it took me about two weeks, but I got my three page contract down to only 2 pages. After messing with the font, cutting out stuff, and making it simpler I have it down.

My main goal was to have it user friendly though. After I mailed out my contracts in November for 2005, a lot of customers were calling me up confused about it. It was like a nightmare. I think that I lost one (easy lawn)customer because of it. This time I have a step by step instruction of what to do next, example Step 1: Choose from one of the four packages, Step 2: select the type of billing, Step 3: signature & initials.

I hope that this will work for any new customers this year as well as when I send contracts out again in November of this year

2. Love2Mow

Love2Mow Banned

Do you use contracts for residentials or just commercials?

3. tiedeman

from earth

I use them for both. But I really like it if I could get out of commerical work and only do residenital. Commerical work I feel is too much of a hassle

4. Love2Mow

Love2Mow Banned

I dont blame you at all. I have a couple commercials I do but its 95 % residential.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Step-by-step instructions simplifies things for them Troy...it's like "connecting the dots" in a way LOL.

6. tiedeman

from earth

yup exactly