1. Countdown to live Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

mosquito control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Turfer, Jul 31, 2000.

1. Turfer

Turfer LawnSite Member

I have several customers who want me to spray for mosquito's. We've had tons of rain and the clients claim the mosquito's are nesting in the mulch. I can't see any standing water in the area. What's the best chemical to use ? I'm licensed so I can buy whatever. Thanks.<br>

2. Foster

Foster LawnSite Member

try malathion in two applications one week apart. You won't kill them all - and tell them that up front- but you will provide relief

3. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

TURFER,

FOSTER IS RIGHT ON THE MONEY. THAT IS WHAT THE STATE PEOPLE SPRAY.

REPEATED APPS. IS A MUST.

REMEMBER TO SPRAY A 1.5 OZ. PER 1000 SQ FT.

THIS WILL TAKE CARE OF THE ADULTS BUT NOTHING FOR THE EGGS.

WISH YOU LUCK.

I JUST SPRAYED A LAWN TODAY FOR THEM

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

why not just turn back the tide? Unless you spray a large area, i.e., neighborhood you are just wasting the customers money and needlessly dumping pesticide into the environment.

A better idea would be to make sure birdbaths are flushed daily, no standing puddles and that goes for flower pots, tires, trash cans etc.

5. greenflag

greenflag LawnSite Member

Bacillis Thurengensis will kill the eggs if standing water is unavoidable. Maybe even in the mulch?
    David Burrow