Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few of our props have moss that is spreading like wildfire. is it the weather conditions this year that is doing it? hot, wet, and extremely humid now for a long time. what do i do?

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Where is the moss?

In the turf, on pavement?

Either way you can try a Bleach/Water solution spray. About a half pint of Bleach to a gallon of water. Try that for a home remedy. I use that for patio around my house and have instructed many clients to do the same. it works

If doing on pavement it may become slick afterwards. Scrub brush it off with water.

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i put dowm malorganite, moss seemed to get heavier afterwards. so u think, i should spray the entire turf area with iron? whats a good product?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I like to use lesco 12-0-0 iron plus. Use 2oz. per 1000 sq. ft. I use a turbo tee jet nozzle(blue) #TT11003VP nozzle with a solo 3 gal backpack sprayer. At my walking speed I am going about 5000 sq. ft. per gallon. read the label and stay away from walks and wood ect. This iron will stain.
Pete

·
Registered
642 Posts
Poor soil drainage as well as poor Ph can contribute to the mossing problem. Excessive Phosphorus is also a culprit. Should really take a soil sample for analysis, otherwise you may only temporarily win the battle with it but lose the war.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Moss is just another plant, the simplest of plants. It will survive when other plants cannot. But moss is a very poor competitor- if other plants are doing well, the moss will disappear. Any kind of stress hindering grass growth can contribute to moss growth in turf.

I have never treated moss. Had a number of new lawns with moss, and just determined what the problems were hindering the grass growth, improved those problems, and the grass took off and the moss disappeared.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I just used a product from Scotts called Moss Control. It will kill it in like 2 days. I saw action the very next day but i let it work for a few days. It turns from a green to an ugly black mess.Then just rake it up depending how much there is. I used a powre rake.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.