1. Free Webinar: Why the Growth of Propane Deserves Your Attention
    Date: Thursday, April 25th
    Time: 11:00am EST
    Find out how switching to propane can save your company time and money. Click here to register
    Dismiss Notice

Most Economic Zero Turn for my Needs?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Fiddler, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144 LawnSite Senior Member

Let me say something..
    Cheaper doesn't always mean the price tag. It can also mean cheaply built/made. That's why I personally don't touch brands That I'm not familiar with. If I do take it into consideration, I will look into it deeply and see others experiences with the brand. To make sure it's a good investment. I'm Not trying to argue about brands. Just my personal opinion. That should be an abbreviation:laugh: MPO

2. PikeMows

PikeMows LawnSite Member

We have a Home Depot Zero Turn. Toro 50” Timecutter. It’s been a pretty decent mower for 3 seasons (FL so it’s year round avg 60-70 accounts per week). The only reason we have that is because it was a package deal when we bought all of the equipment. We have had some issues, nothing too major but I have to baby it and keep up on maintainence. If you have to get up on curbs, don’t get it. We are looking to upgrade to a commercial mower this year. If you can afford a commercial mower, I say do it. I wish we had but like I said we got it in a package deal.

PHIL.MC, hort101 and Mownmachine144 like this.
  3. PikeMows

PikeMows LawnSite Member

I have learned that whatever you buy, make sure you have a shop around that works on them. Don’t buy from a dealer that doesn’t have a shop too.

4. Mownmachine144

That is very important, dealer support/service is "key".

5. Mownmachine144

Residential mowers will last for a years with commercial use like you said, if you constantly maintain the unit but.. I will say that the engines/decks really makes a big difference. Commercial mowers you can expect a lot of big performance.
    It plows through grass with out bogging like a residential mower would. All has to do with better built pulleys, engine, blades, clutch, etc.
    What engine does the timecutter have? Just curios.

6. Centex Aeration

Centex Aeration LawnSite Member

The Bradley stander is about as basic as it gets. I am not sure why he was not able to at least determine why the deck would not drop down for a sub 3 inch cut. You would think it would require only basic mechanical aptitude.

7. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

Yes i agree..

Walker56 and Mownmachine144 like this.
  8. Mownmachine144

When did Bradley even come out?
    My first time hearing about Bradley was first mentioned by greencuts.

Doc8406 likes this.
  9. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

i am really not sure when they started.. but i have found the machines that i am going to pick up next.. a 2016 SWZT52 and a Tiger Cub with a Kohler 23 hp, that is if i can get them both at the right price.

Walker56 likes this.
  10. Mownmachine144

Your going to get them next year or following year?

Doc8406 likes this.