Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,605 Posts
Blowers, trimmers, hedge clippers, whatever.

Nothing I have ever expeienced runs as good as Redmax.

The Komatsu Zenoah engines are very durable, some of my trimmers are old as dirt.

They start well, last, and are powerful, quiet, smooth.

Zenoah is the premier engine in large-scale model aircraft, too.

KB

· Registered
34 Posts
Echo PB-650. Spend the extra few hundred dollars for a very good blower. You arent saving anything by buying a cheap one. This echo is extremely powerful. It will cut any "blowing" time in half or more. I cant wait to use it for doing leaf clean ups in a few weeks. It was an excellent investment. I would suggest it to anyone.

· Registered
408 Posts
yep,
Just bought a echo 650 and it is a lot stronger than my echo 400. Very happy with the 650.

Lasher

· Registered
2,797 Posts
Ok guys...now as mentioined above, maybe the only topic we have beaten to death more than this one is, "running doubles". That being said, let me beat it a little more. Yesterday I was learning a guys properties so I can do them when he's on vacation next week. He has an older Echo BP. SO I ask him if he's heard of the Red Max bp. He says his old boss had a RM and just bought a Shindawa bp....supposedly he is in love with the Shin. I'm about ready to buy a bp and was leaning towards the Echo 650 just because I cant find a RM dealer around here. I dont recall too many comments on the Shin here...any hands on opinons on the Shin?? Don't know which model he was referring to.

· Banned
748 Posts
I used to have a Stihl 420 (I think) before they put that California stuff on it and labeled it a “magnum.” That was a nice blower. Throttle on the tube. Started second pull without fail. Curved nozzle for control.

Anyway, I read on this forum that the Stihl was a dog compared to the Shindawa, Redmax, or Echo. So for leaf-season last year I bought the big Shindawa blower (630 I think). Some say it’s got the same engine as the Redmax. That I don’t know, but they do look nearly identical.

I was told I’d notice a huge difference. Not. The Shindawa is a good machine, but it’s over-rated. I’m thinking of selling it on eBay and trying the big Echo. But I’d like to find a wind gage where I could measure actual performance before making another move.

· Registered
270 Posts
I've got the Freden and love it. Pwerful and not near as expensive as all the other brand names everyone is talking about. I'd match with any of these other brads. Starts on the first or second pull even when cold.

· Registered
391 Posts
I have a Shindy EB-630. It's their big dog BP. It does kick some butt! Been very satisfied with it. The Echo 650 and 750 weren't out yet when I bought it, and there isn't a Redmax dealer close to me. I need to get a second BP and am thinking about the Echo. Mostly because I like the dealer much more. The only problem is the handle on 650/750 won't allow the blower to be hung on my blower rack. If you got a good Shindaiwa dealer you won't be disappointed with the EB-630!!

Plant Automotive tire Tree Lifebuoy Biome

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.