1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Most NET profit in one day

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by rclawn, Feb 27, 2020.

1. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Bronze Member

What’s everyone’s (pre tax) most net profit they’ve made in 1 day? What was the total gross before expenses and what kind of job?

Mine was approx $3000 on a $5k job. I spent about $1700 on the rock, another $300 on misc expenses and the bits and pieces. I’ve found installing materials to be my highest profit margin service, although tree jobs are comparable. I get more competition on my tree pricing though as there’s a lot of guys who aren’t insured that work real cheap.

2. No gloves

No gloves LawnSite Senior Member

Curious what you mean by tree jobs?

3. OP
    OP
    rclawn

Tree removal, trimming etc.

Cam15 and No gloves like this.
  4. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Bronze Member

Tree removal is big bucks if you’ve got the skills and equipment. And most of the guys doing it in my area are meth heads. A straight up crew could make a killing.

5. OP
    OP
    rclawn

I do really well with my mini skid. Grapple for the branches and pallet forks for the logs. Problem is the stump grinding. That’s the only service I have ever gotten complaints on. I guess I don’t go low enough and saplings start growing. I’ve had 3 or 4 people say something. But if you don’t offer stump removal, a lot of people find a service that does both. If I had a good guy I could sub it to I would be set!

6. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you get the trees on the ground especially big hazardous ones? I do quite a bit of hauling for tree guys but I don’t cut them.

Cam15 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    rclawn

I don’t do the big hazardous ones, lol. I only take on jobs I’m comfortable with. Most of our trees aren’t too big in the residential areas where a lot of my work is. If it’s a large tree and I can safely do it with my winch to direct the fall, that’s my bread and butter. I do really well with brush removal too.

Cam15 likes this.
  8. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Fanatic

We've had some $3,000 net days with gutter cover systems. It's our highest margin work. We don't always get jobs like that that though. It's good work when we do. 2 guys can do anywhere from $2,000-$4,000 in a day. We're targeting more of those types of jobs this year. Fierce competition here for it.

Cam15, Doc8406 and No gloves like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    rclawn

You mean like installing gutter guards?

Cam15 and Mark Stark like this.
  10. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Fanatic

Yep

Cam15 likes this.