Lawn Care Forum banner

Most powerful backpack blower as of Sept. 2012?

27K views 83 replies 31 participants last post by  lazer 46 
#1 ·
Im wonder what's the most poweful backpack blower in production as of right now? Im leaning towards the big Redmax blower but still not 100 percent sure? Any advice is welcome :)

#16 · (Edited)
Shindaiwa eb802.

DISPLACEMENT 79.2 cc

AIR VOLUME @ NOZZLE 695 CFM

MAX AIR SPEED @ NOZZLE 243 mph

Stihl br600

DISPLACEMENT 64.8 cc

AIR VOLUME @ NOZZLE 712 cfm

MAX AIR SPEED @ NOZZLE 201 mph

The Shindaiwa has a bigger displacement, and alot more air speed from the pipe.

The redmax looks nice, has a ton of cfm.

RedMax EBZ8500RH

Cylinder displacement: 75.6 cc

Air flow in pipe: 907.59 cfm

Air Speed: 206.25 mph

#17 ·
I'm not one to doubt that there' s more powerful blowers besides the br 600. Most important is what works best for your business.
Posted via Mobile Device

#19 ·
LOL I still have the Redmax 8001 when it first came out and it still has the same spark plug and air filter. It seems to get even more powerful. I use it for blowing snow off of decks and walkways as well! hands down the Redmax blower was the best investment in my life! I have a few buds that have the BR600 and laugh at them since they are always having problems.

#20 ·
I'm not debating that the br600 is light and comfortable to use all day because it clearly is, in the fall time my guys all want to use the br600 because its smooth and light, it also has the little springs on it to help reduce vibration, but the point stands that its half the blower the shindai eb802 is as far as power goes. hell even my 10 year old shindi eb630's blow harder then the br600.

#21 ·
Someday I may switch to another blower, but I've been using stihl since 2007 . My favorite thing with stihl is design factor (turtle shell) its sleek , comfortable and capable to make some CFM... Also in my location stihl reigns supreme.!
Posted via Mobile Device

#23 ·
I have the Husky 580 and I ran it side by side with a BR600 Mag and Echo 770 and it blows them both away. I like that it has a padded hip belt and chest strap that the Redmax don't. It does a great job of blowing large amounts of leaves and even light brush...I didn't even use my wheel blower last season. However, with the factory tube configuration it really doesn't scour stuck stuff very well for such a large and powerfull blower. It comes with a high velocity nozzle (the curved flat kind) but it's pretty much unuseable at any significant throttle...you just can't hold it. Instead I bought an extra intermediate tube and it scours very well with the extra length and blows out drainage ditches too very well too. And I can also literally blow pavement from 30 feet away with it when I'm out on the mowing route. It can get a little tiring...it makes it a pretty big heavy tube, but if you're a big strong landscaper (like me, lol) it's really not an issue. I usually leave the extra tube on and take it off if I want more air flow...the same thing I do with my old Shindaiwa EB630s....but the fit is pretty tight at first. I've comtemplated trying the end tube from the 570 on it...that one tapers at the end whereas the 580 one flares out. For Goldpro's use, blowing large amounts of leaves alongside his Hurricanes, the 580 might be good in the factory configuration. You're welcome to drop in and give mine a try if you want to take a short road trip...PM me if you're interested Gold.

#24 ·
I didnt even know husky made backpack blowers till right now lol, Sounds like a good blower tho. its identical specs to the Redmax blower.

Husky 580BFS

Cylinder displacement 75.6 cc

Power output 4.3 hp

Air flow in pipe 907.6 cfm

Air speed (round nozzle) 206.2 mph

#25 ·
The Husky is the Redmax 8500 with some modifications...mainly the hip belt/chest strap and the air filter has snaps instead of screws. Diff color of course too. The hip belt makes a big diff when you're burning a tank full at a time. I was just out back on my rear acreage with mine blowing the sticks and wet leaves off my roadway and trails...got a hell of a lot done in a short amount of time.

One thing I will say is that it's freaking loud as hell at WOT (112 decibels at your ears I think) but i'm usually only running it at 75 to 85% on the cruise control and use the throttle trigger as sort of a turbo boost. No probs at all with it in the year I've owned it and I can't believe how clean the air filter stays compared to my Shindys.

#26 ·
I didnt even know husky made backpack blowers till right now lol, Sounds like a good blower tho. its identical specs to the Redmax blower.

Husky 580BFS

Cylinder displacement 75.6 cc

Power output 4.3 hp

Air flow in pipe 907.6 cfm

Air speed (round nozzle) 206.2 mph
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.