Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in the peoples republic of Montgomery County Md has forced a lurker to seek help. Our county has a law stating that it is unlawfull to operate a backpack blower with rating above 70 db at 50 ft. The only one that comes to mind is the Solo 472 at 68 db. I don't know the end of pipe performance of this unit. Dose anyone know? Any other models that meet the 70 db barrier. Thanks in advance.
Ted

· Registered
33 Posts
Listen these things are no joke. LOW db (64 for the 471 - a little more for the 472 ) and you are talking like 235mph/700+cfm for the 471 and even more for the 472.

I mean if quietness is the ONLY thing that you want maybe there are some other choices but if you can get under 64db and one of the most powerful blowers made - end of story.... than get the solo. To be honest, I bought mine thinking only of getting a really strong blower, the quiet factor is just a bonus. Nice, nice piece of equipment...

· Registered
33 Posts
In my opinion, probably better... Listen, there are a lot of people around with a million different criteria for liking or not a particular piece of equip...

This solo just blows! It can make a brick dance (not just slide) across my driveway, it's quiet, uses so little gas that I take it off of my back to check... You know? I don't know about other people's brand loyalty, I don't really have one... But the 471 is in use all the time. I do the BR600 more to justify my purchase of the damn thing - Usually I give it to my guy though, which should say something. I don't know, try one for yourself... I would only say that I've found that guys that like the noise always say that these things are no good... But if you like moving leaves, wet leaves, sticks, rocks, sticks etc, this is an almost unbelievable value.

· Registered
4,525 Posts
Living in the peoples republic of Montgomery County Md has forced a lurker to seek help. Our county has a law stating that it is unlawfull to operate a backpack blower with rating above 70 db at 50 ft. The only one that comes to mind is the Solo 472 at 68 db. I don't know the end of pipe performance of this unit. Dose anyone know? Any other models that meet the 70 db barrier. Thanks in advance.
Ted
Get off of my turf! :laugh:

Frankly we use what ever we want. I think ours are rated at 72DB but I will have to check. I see guys every day that use Echo PB 400E which is an awsome blower and quite possibly the loudest blower on the market. The way I see it the mowers are louder than the blowers so whats the point? This area has gotten pretty bad hasnt it? :dizzy:

· Registered
2,227 Posts
Echo's PB751 is a very powerfull blower and does everything we need but it is a little on the loud side at 74db 620cfm at pipe and 205 wind speed. Our Echo PB403 is rated at 71db there not quiet but they get the job done fast.

· Registered
109 Posts
the eb8510 is 65db with the hush mode on. that may sound great but the hush mode is nothing but a rev limiter from what i have heard. so with the hush mode on the shindaiwa would not have as much power as the solo. so i think the solo would definitely be the better blower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.