Most Profitable Landscape Services

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Tombuc, May 16, 2019.

1. Tombuc

Tombuc LawnSite Member

I've made good money in Rock, provided a few cubic yards to a few customers, the problem is it's to infrequent. Some cleanups have been profitable as some I have underbid. What do you feel I should concentrate on to make the most profit and activity. I live in Tampa and looking for direction.

2. Andrew H

Andrew H LawnSite Silver Member

Any niche can be profitable, just need to put some hard work into it.
    It’ll depend on your area too, snowplowing probably wouldn’t be good for you...
    weekly maintenance is nice because it’s steady cash flow even when people aren’t getting landscape
    Work done like when they’re on vacation.
    Landscaping is another good option, but you need to be able imagine what the customer wants or needs.

Irrigation, again can be profitable like the others. If it gets cold you’re going to be winterizing in the fall and starting up in the spring.

Cam15 and hort101 like this.
  3. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Bronze Member

We’re doing a ton of fences. For some reason nobody in my area will build a fence.

4. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Raleigh

Irrigation is a tough license to get here in NC. A specific number of hours are needed working under a licensed company to be able to sit for the exam. I think it's a year and a half or two years.

I don't know what the requirements are in the OP's state, but it's a great license to have.

hort101 likes this.
  5. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Chicago

Gardening work has low overhead and great margins. Squirt and fert has a higher overhead then gardening but has just as good margins. Installs will bring in nice money too. As a solo I love my little half day/ full day installs. Breaks up the week from maintenance and let's me be a little creative. Nice money makers too.

6. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Most profitable niches for us: landscape design (plans only), landscape lighting, irrigation, artificial turf, pavers.

sjessen likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Tombuc

Tombuc LawnSite Member

8. OP
    OP
    Tombuc

Tombuc LawnSite Member

We have done a few fences, vinyl is real popular now, we are slow at putting them up and we can make more money doing other things. I’ve tried to sub it out but I don’t speak Spanish.

9. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

Not being critical here.. but they need to learn English.. any person whom is with reasonable knowledge knows that the language of the successful is English

Cam15 likes this.
  10. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Senior Member

I look at it this way, you live in America you speak English. If we moved to Mexico we'd learn Spanish.

zlandman and Doc8406 like this.