Most rediculous customer request or complaint?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowin4cash, Jul 27, 2000.

1. Evrgreen

Evrgreen LawnSite Member
    from Hawaii

No one said the classic"Youre xxx is already paid for,you can't charge for what you already have.Answer,It was never free.buy your own.
    I told them you would do it for &7.00 an hour
    XWoods said you work for $6.00 an hour-with own equipmenpment.
    Use "Their weedeater to cut entire large overgrown yard without my mower to save money.
    You said you would fixt the car-Meaning unspecified,hidden damage not included in the original estimate.Note Midas has a very clearly worded contract for people like that.
    I (They) can't afford a fair price.Answer"I can't afford to bother,nor will they work for half price or give me free favors.
    They say"You don't want to overprice yourself..no,I decide what I want.
    Finally,He insisted I couldent take more that X hours,so I told hime I would stop in X hours no matter.I then got my price and time from him.
    Most of this is from a so call PHD geologist and his neighbor.

2. lawnboy82

lawnboy82 Banned

not bad, not bad at all. i think though that my strange requests however are gonna blow all of yours away.
    in order of increasing insanity:

1) repossess lawn mower from dead beat customer

2) take 8 live chickens to be slaughtered and then bring us back the meat

and last, but not least...

3) run some guy's wife through a wood chipper
    no i did not make any of this stuff up.
    first one i tried to do without sucess..
    second one i did
    third one i passed on for some reason, i wonder why?

3. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3:
    Gentlemen, that was enjoyable reading...
    Thanks for the laughter

4. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Neighbor at a house I mow stops me and wants me to water my customers grass before I mow to stop the gass clippings from blowing (she has clothes on the line. Her house and the one I mowing will go for 250K there is a privacy fence between the two houses and she tells me she washes 6 days a week so she wont have to use the dryer. I ask her if she waters before she mows? She tells me her son used to before he moved out. I know her son hes 45. I think I may have moved our sooner.

5. KD'sLawns

KD'sLawns LawnSite Member

Yeah, there are plenty of weirdos out there. I really only have one customer that I do other things for. But, I would do just about anything she wants. I never tell her a price, she tells me and it is usually double what I would do it for. I mow for her every Fri. Two small properties with a 21" that takes me an hour and a half. She pays me 60 bucks a week. Since the beginning of this year, she has paid me 100 bucks a week. Thats a forty dollar tip every week. Like I said, I make it my priority to take care of her.

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

as some know my buisiness target is elderly an disabled.
    some things i do for them are silly but it puts there mind at ease.
    ive got a couple that fire me every wk. but i know they will
    have forgotten by the next wk.another guy comes out and admires my new ztr every wk , hes been doing it since season began and its always (well tell me about your new mower).gotta lovum

7. Freetime

Freetime LawnSite Member

Phone call two weeks ago, “Can you come out and give an estimate to cut our grass (weeds) for about two weeks our mower is broke down”

Me just out of curiosity, “what size is your property”?

Woman “oh it’s about an acre and a half”

m“What size mower do you have?” w “ A 21” wal-mart whatever” yes this was her answer!!

In the same breath she ask, “Do ya’ll fix lawn mowers” I just could not help but laugh.

I laugh every time I think about the call, maybe I should have said “Yes ma’am while one man is mowing I will be putting a short block in your mower and if I finish before my guy does we will only charge half price that way you can save enough to buy a
    22” wal-mart mower in cause they cuts faster”

Yes ma’am drain all the water out of your pool and dive right in just be careful in the deep end you might bump your head!
    :dizzy:

8. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I had an older lady that asked me to change her light bulb in her dinning room she said she could not do it so I said I would well she did try to do it her self because the bulb was broken and I had to use needle nose pliers to unscrew it while doing this the chair that I was standing on well a leg broke and down I went she gripped me out for breaking the chair leg I went and got her a new chair and still changed the light. She was a customer for three years at the time and she died that winter. :angel:

9. Alan

Alan Member

I've got this one ditz that I'm about to cut loose from. Known her for years, she's over-educated and totally out in left field. Last year she bothered me for a half hour about bagging her overfertilized and thick lawn (they have Chemlawn do the fert routine). I told her then that I DO NOT bag! She came out yesterday and we played the same record again, along with a few choruses about the "really big" party she was having today for her 6 yr old. She never fails to annoy me, no clue about anything "real world", very definate thing about being "better" and constantly talking down to us working class bums. I also mow and plow her husbands shop facility, so quite a bit of money involved, but I dislike her so much it would be pleasant to tell her off and dump the work.

Second prize goes to the professor who insisted that we tore up his newly repaved driveway with our plows. I told him it was because his paver had paved OVER a low spot full of dirt and the water got under it and lifted it when it froze. I scoffed up the pieces with all the mud on the underside, just in case he wanted to get ugly about it. He insisted that we were gonna pay for it, never did try to fight us for it though.

10. williamslawn

williamslawn LawnSite Member
    from SC

Customer has me mow her neighbors yard because her leaves blow into my customers yard. Now she wants me to go accros the street and mow because she does not like the pine straw in the other neighbors yard. She pays for all these services but, she will come out and stand in front of the mower until you agree to do these things. Neighbor with leaves will not let us mow her yard anymore. Customer paid someone to cut down tree so no more leaves. Neighbor not happy. glad I did not cut down tree. She would call twice a week during winter to come pick up leaves.