1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mounted a sprayer to my zero turn

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by brichter14, May 11, 2014.

1. gebby

gebby LawnSite Senior Member

Ok. Sounds like it is covering. Thanks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. tlc23

tlc23 LawnSite Member

Nice work! I have always wanted to do something like this. I have a few gravel parking lots at a storage facility that I take care. This would be great for spraying RU there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Senior Member

I like the idea of the boom mounted in the front. I am afraid though of running my tires over the chemicals or fert. What is the advantage beyond just being able to see?

I plan on mounting a hopper to a reese hitch so i can hook it up easy.

4. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

no stiff neck from looking behind you Like my 3 point spray I have I run on one of my tractors

I like to see what the boom is doing I see every tip all the time never know when one might plug up

Mine setup just for spraying now I built it back in late 90s about 5 years a go I removed the deck since it was hanging me up getting over some curbs
    Then I had to had 160 lbs to front end my spreader is mounted doesn't come off unless you unbolt it

Your front deck mower would be a pain I think trying to spray lawns with

5. brichter14

I took the advise from above and mounted the boom on the front. I like it here alot more. I also installed an on off switch for my 12v plug

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Nice looking design. The lower boom level will help avoid over spray.

I have my boom just as far above the ground as you do. In fact I might be just a tad higher or on top of the caster wheels. But my point is I had to do tip changing and some geometry of fan angle to get calibration and even coverage. I drive my up the street and watch how the pattern dries as my final test. I don't want any streaks.

Because my properties are very small I installed a momentary button instead of a toggle switch. I stop pushing the Button at the end of each pass to turn around. Double spraying is what I am trying to avoid.

7. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

Sweet looking ride.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. brichter14

Yeah now if i can find time between mowing to gett my postemegents applied.....

9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I'll have take a pic of mine or find the photos of it Post how mine is setup