Mounting my sprayer. Bolt or strap it?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by J Ingram, May 18, 2018.

1. J Ingram

J Ingram LawnSite Member

i just bought a gnc 100 gallon space saver sprayer. It arrived at the dealer today. I will pick it up on Monday so I have not had eyeballs on it yet. I asked the guy that sold it to me about mounting suggestions and he told me I can strap it or bolt it. It will be mounted in a Toyota Tundra cargo box. How do you guys mount sprayers in your pick up trucks? I like the idea of bolting it secure. I have not looked under the bed yet. I know I should have thought about that before ordering, but mounting was not something that I thought would be a problem for a sprayer designed for pick up trucks. Thank you.

2. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Silver Member

I use ratchet straps to the tie down hooks.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I do not have a good idea of what your setup looks like.
    I suggest a 1/4 inch steel cable, over the tank and drill holes in the bed; bring the cable underneath and clamp it around the frame, (or something sturdy); secure with cable clamps. Secure, so it will not fly forward and crush the cab in case of an accident.

4. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Raleigh

I also ratchet straps to d rings secured to the bed. I've got 2 50 gal rectangular pco tanks in my tundra and one 100 gal rectangular pco in my silverado. Plenty of clearance between bed and gas tank. Have had this setup for 10 yrs or more, have never had one shift.

5. wjjones

wjjones LawnSite Senior Member

Can you find a small trailer it would fit on? Or is the truck your preferred option?

6. J Ingram

J Ingram LawnSite Member

I was thinking a one ton strap should do a good job holding it in.

7. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Fanatic

Bolting is the most secure option, but strapping works well.
    In either case it's always wise to check and tighten periodically.

ted putnam likes this.
  8. J Ingram

J Ingram LawnSite Member

secure is the right way. I will be taking a look at the sprayer frame on monday. From what I understand, there are tabs on the frame to bolt it down.

9. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Raleigh

I misunderstood. You've got the frame and everything. I am frameless.

I agree, bolting frame to bed is the way to go. I'd probably include big washers or flat plates.

Fabricating stuff is the fun part of this business:)

10. J Ingram

J Ingram LawnSite Member

The sprayer fits very good in the bed of my truck. I appreciate all the input from those that replied. I was able to take something from it all. I will be bolting it down with large washers, as well as a strap on the tie downs.

upidstay and wjjones like this.