Moving Mowers Advice....

PhillipsBrosLawnCare

LawnSite Member
Hey guys i'm looking into a new way to transport my mowers and equipment more efficiently. I hope this thread stays on the mowing forum because it'll get more hits.

I'm running 2 Scag Turf Tigers and a Hustler WB 36" - looking at an enclosed trailer. The Hustler has a bagger and one of the TT has a bagger set-up and uses it one day/wk. Would yall recommend a 20' or 24' trailer. Also, the guys hauling similar equipment, what size do yall run? Thanks.

topsites

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm guessing you're not talking about fuel efficiency here.

I hope this thread stays on the mowing forum because it'll get more hits.

And that would be the reason why I enjoy referring folks to the appropriate section without even answering their question,
although I'm not entirely sure it's in the wrong section but that comment had the effect of frustrating me.

You'll see how it is soon enough when a customer approaches you the wrong way,
they do it to me too and they're probably thinking that's a good way to catch me,
and granted catch me they did but it sure makes me want to say "WTH do YOU want?!"

Part of this business is tolerance I suppose, but a lot of it has to do with diplomacy and how we go about doing things.
Yes, even if it takes longer, I say do it the right way then it's less problems later.

Peace out

Last edited:

yamadooski

LawnSite Senior Member
I'll have to agree with Topsites.
But I will answer you question more down to earth though.:)
Are you the only lawn guy in your area? If not what do the big companies do?

OP
P

PhillipsBrosLawnCare

LawnSite Member
Wow.... ok. So theres one rant and zero answers. I'm not new to the industry. We run 16' open trailers as do many of the competitiors in the area.

But I'm not concerned with what the others do - I'm not one to follow the crowd. I'm here to set myself apart, create a company, create an image.... Our techniques are our own.

And I'm not stupid - I put my thread in the appropriate forum based on what I was looking to get in return. I'm interested in the opinions of those that use these larger trailers in large mowing operations. However, all-to-often I've seen threads moved because they weren't what the ones in charge "thought" should be there.

So I guess we'll see if I receive any useful advise, or more useless babble.

Vogel-Landscaping

LawnSite Member
in my area i would only use a 24' ft if i was doing mostly commercial properties. my reason being the residential streets are too difficult to park on with a 20-25 ft truck and a 24 ft trailer. my trailers at 18 ft max and i can fit my 60in exmark with 3 bag vacuums system and 2 wright 52in sentars.

razor1

LawnSite Bronze Member
You can easily fit "2 Scag Turf Tigers and a Hustler WB 36" in a 20' box. Personally I wouldn't go 24' unless you plan on adding another z.

razor1

LawnSite Bronze Member
You can fit 3 Z's in a 20' box and maybe squeeze the wb on the side...better measure first or just get the 24'.

yardguy28

LawnSite Platinum Member
someone once told me to get the next size bigger than what you actually think you need. so i'd get the 24' if i were you.

i didn't listen to that person and i'm wishing i had gotten the 16' instead of the 12' i got.

Top Forums