1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

mow for free

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cjcland, Apr 14, 2000.

1. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i am going to offer my customers a special if they get me a full service 12 month contract for lawn care i will offer them a free month of mowing, is this too much or should i offer 1/2 the month or 1 free cut i know i would make nothing the first month of the new contract but the next month i would break even and every month after that would be profit-expenses what have you done in the past, i feel 1 month of free mowing would really motivate them, please let me know if i am going to far<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I wouldn't give away ant free services. Instead at Christmas, send them a tin of pretzels or a gift from Swiss Colony.

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

UH UH, Did you get a free month with your phone, cable, power, internet service, cell phone, etc............If I gave away a month of business I would have to give away my business.....Send them a gift certificate when they refer you to somebody else AND you land them. Everybody likes to eat so make it a Shoneys or something, don't give away your sweat though!<p>Homer

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

CJC, please tell me that your're not that desperate. Wipe free out of your vocabulary. If your a one man operation your&quot;re not going to get rich enough to off free work

5. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

thank you all i am glad i checked here first<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

6. ZYAL8R

ZYAL8R LawnSite Member
    from ny

how about a free mowing?? i was thinknig of setting up a fertilizer/areation plan and give all new customers a free mowing if they signed up.

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I don't think you want the type of customer who are just looking for a freebie. What if you get 200 calls wanting a free cut and most of them have 2 acres? Most good customers arent going to give up their regular lawn service for a free cut. &quot;free&quot; that is such a scarry word lol

8. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

IF YOU GIVE THEM 12 MONTHS TO PAY FOR YOUR SERVICES YOU ARE ALREADY GIVING THEM A BREAK.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have to agree with Charles, you don't want this type of customer. Next think you know they are try to get you to honor a competitors coupon or something. :)

10. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I offer a few perks for my customers that help me out as well. My main point of interest is that for every referral they send, if they become a reg. customer, I will give the original customer a free mowing. May not sound like much but for avg. of $25 a pop, I could sit on the phone for 5 min. at a time & call all my friends- $25 savings for 5 min. of your time.<br>I also send cards at Christmas time & surveys asking what they liked/disliked about our service, & any other comments.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>