1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Mowed the whole yard........Maybe!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, May 11, 2004.

1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Pulled up to my house just as it was getting dark. Noticed my neighbor 2 houses up had her floodlights on, and she is out of town. She was scheduled to be mowed tomorrow, but I felt like I had one more yard in me and plus I had Mr. Budlight as my co-pilot!! Yard is small, 15 mins with a 21 inch pushmower. We'll 1/2 way through the yard, OUT GO THE LIGHTS!!! Appears as if she had these floodlights on a timer. So now I'm mowing in the dark and going by instincts alone!! I'll check it out tomorrow morning.

2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Best of luck to you!

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

That's dedication and customer service..........................
    Me thinks you have some touch up work waiting for you in the morning.............................LOL!

4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That sh!t is hilarious, LOL big time:rolleyes:

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I hope it turned out alright

6. husqvarna600c

husqvarna600c LawnSite Member

LOL Ive been so behind i mowed by moonlight once. Its hard to see the lines i mowed the same spots over and over and had to go by the next day to see how bad it was.

Let us know how much you missed.

7. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

I hope Mr Budlight didn't have too much of an impact on your "instinct". lol Hopefully everything will work out for ya. :)

8. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Last year we were behind and we thought we could squeze the last job on our route in before dark. Its a 1 hour job and it was dark as heck 20 minutes into it. This property has about 8 rotors that stick up and have to be pushed down each week. I only chopped off one. Was not any fun. Never again will we be mowing with the big mowers in the dark.

9. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

It sounds like you need to make a modification to the old 21" mower. Go ahead and mount a motorcycle battery on the mower and hook up a couple hallogen flood lights to the deck just inside the front wheels. LOL. Oh, and don't forget to either wear a plastic baseball cap with the cup holders, or just attach one to the handle of the mower.

10. Mikes Lawn Landscape

Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Did you use your crisp new $20 from Mrs Smith to buy ya a 12 pack