1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mower blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerbrad, Mar 15, 2008.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I'm just about to order some new mowing blades and have a few questions. First, you measure the blades diagonal across to get the length right? I've got 18in (measured diagonal across) blades on my bob-cat and am trying to order some new gator blades that also measure 18in., will these fit? Thanks for the help!!!

2. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought that's how you measure a T.V. screen size.... :confused:

What size deck is the bobcat???
    2 blades or 3? that'll tell you everything.

3. mowerbrad

3 blade 52.5" cut

4. Carolina Cuts

.5??? really? never heard of that before....

5. mowerbrad

Neither had I, they advertise it as a 52" cut but in the specifications in the manual the bob-cat has a 52.5" cut. So will the 18in blades work? I don't know how much of overlap there is between the blades but about 1 in of overlap between each sounds right?

6. Carolina Cuts

hmmmm, call your local dealer, ask the ?... then order them online I suppose... otherwise, get em right at the dealer....
    I usually just walk in the dealer and ask for blades for a 52" snapper.... they get em' and give em'.... so I never actually measured them.

Guess I'm no help to you huh?:confused:

7. mowerbrad

The online site (texasmowerparts) has them under categories specific to brand and deck size. Under the bob-cat tab they have the 52" blades that are 18" then they have 54" blades for bob-cats that are 18", but bob-cat doesn't make a 54" deck. So should I just order the 18" that are under the 52" deck section?

8. Carolina Cuts

sounds good to me....

are they alot cheaper online then at the dealer?

9. mowerbrad

they are only $10 per blade as to $15 or $20 and only 9.95 for nationwide shipping.

10. mowerbrad

Does heat treated blades make a big difference??