mower confusion

Wecutgrass

LawnSite Senior Member
I need to buy another mower but i am at loss on what to get. I don't know weather to get a 52" v-ride or a 52" toro z500 or a 36 walker ghs. My lawns are split up about half and half with big gates and small gates. I currently have a gravely 34z and i bag about 80% of the time with it. my lawns range in all different sizes as well. Any input on helping me make my decision would be awesome. I would really like to sell my gravely and buy a 52 and a 36 but that is not in the budget right now, i do not have enough lawns to need 16 grand in mowers.

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
Well you already have a small deck, so no need to get a walker 36. The toro and v ride are 2 different machines, for different mowing styles. If your lots are under 1acre I would go v ride. Light, limble and shorter frame. I would have both with you. When you need a small mower you have it. When you have wide open areas or no small gates you have the 52 v ride
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
Wecutgrass

Wecutgrass

LawnSite Senior Member
true, and when i get the lawns i could then go ahead and get the walker if i still needed it, my gravely bags fairly well. how much are the v-rides? i was quoted 8000 out the door for a 52/27 toro z master.

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
Scag has a heck of a deal going on now. 20% off and 0% for 48 months. I think they are around 8k list. So take 20% off that. It should give you a rough idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
Wecutgrass

Wecutgrass

LawnSite Senior Member
So I'm looking at about 7000 out the door. So 1000 less then a z500. How long does the scag deal last for?
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
You might want to call a dealer and ask for prices. They will vary from state to state.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
Wecutgrass

Wecutgrass

LawnSite Senior Member
They're not giving me much time here haha
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
Wecutgrass

Wecutgrass

LawnSite Senior Member
Nah I'm not interested in one of those