1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mower demo days.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Jun 19, 2008.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

First I run all toro. New machine this year, 525 hours - pump let go. Toro Rep tells Dealer that I should of had shock something or other on these pumps ($125 option to me) cuz I run the DFS bagger and that creates extra weight therefore extra wear/tear of hydros. Toro says they will split half the bill - like what is warrenty for. I have 3 other mowers like this all with 750 - 1500 hours and never had an issue with a one - but this one machine is special!

So I need a mower to use. I go to the BOBCAT / kubota dealer. He handles Kubota, Dixon, Hustler.

After two days of trying machines - Hustler.

Dixon - no good. Hated it. Light deck, mowing was terrible, just hated the thing. This had a generic looking honda 25 hp on it and I think it was called a kodiak or so.

Kubota had a 20 something diesel and 60 deck. Very quiet and smooth running but I do not like the controls, I don't like sitting up that high in the air, and really wasn't impressed with the mowing job it did.

Hustler was decent. It had a 25 kawa engine, 60 deck. Smooth, fast - to fast for mowing but fast travel time. It is the longest of machines, rear discharge which is nice cuz the grass isn't blowing on you but then again - we bag alot our clients.

So for those 3 machines - my vote is for the hustler.

Now to get the toro fixed!!