1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Mower drags in rear while loading

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hookset, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

My lazer z 60" drags in the rear when loading and hangs the deck on the ramp. I have a 4' ramp and I'm thinking about extending it by a foot. Which gives me a 5 foot ramp. Any body had this problem.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

do you have the deck all the way raised?

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I have the same complaint about the Lazer line. MY "wheelie bars" scrape a bit when UN-loading fast! The deck shouldn't though. I just wish Exmark would eliminate these low hanging supports, and maybe just 45 degree them so we could back up to, and hop a curb! My Dixie did not have either of these problems. (See, there is at least ONE thing a Dixie does better than a Lazer!)

4. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

The deck is all the way up. I use the foot assist to get an extra inch. That seems to help but the fram drags the ground in the rear.

5. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of hitch do you have, can you raise it. I have a jd 240 that the deck would hang i fliped the hitch over.

6. Get a different reciever hitch.

One that is 2 or 3 inches higher, $25 take care of that prob real quick.

Also your trailer tounge should be at least 2 or 3 inches higher that the back of the trailer.

This will change the angle of the gate at the hindge.

7. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

I moved the hitch all the way up on the bumper which makes the front of the trailer higher and I still have the same problem. Just not as bad.

8. How do you load it.

Drive on or back on?

9. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

How will the trailer tow if it exceeds 3 inches in the front?

10. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

Drive on. Wheels spin backing on. I've got the ultra vac attached.