Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a mower for slopes to water.

model HVT52
The Husqvarna HVT52 hover trimmer floats on a cushion of air! This model is suitable for professional work in difficult terrain. The four-stroke engine can be used on slopes of up to 60°. The HVT52 has very low vibration levels in the handle and the trimmer line can be easily replaced.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My parents have a very similar hover mower, called "Flymo". Used it for many years, still running now after around 30 years.

To cut a steep hill, put a rope around the handle and feed the mower slowly down the hill, swinging it like a pendulum.

Works very well as long as there are no trees or bushed for the rope to snag.

John

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
If you like you can travel up here n I'll sell you mine .... almost new .... maybe 10 hrs .... $250 Cash

It seems like a great tool ...but I found it bulky n ackward to get to the edges .... when not running it doesn't float so it's a pain moving it ... it's dead weight

It'd be cool so fabricate some sort of bracket to mount it to the side of a Z .... kinda like a Flexi-deck

If you want it PM me ... I'm just out side of Cocoa Beach

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.