• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Mower Hitch?

qualitylandscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member
Anybody know where I can get a hitch for my Deere 717? I want to get a new Lesco tow-behind aerator so I don't have to use my huge bulky annoying walkbehind all the time.

I talked to the Deere customer service reps and they said that Deere doesn't make one but there should be one available aftermarket..

If you know where I can find one or can make on for me, let me know!

Thanks,
Steve

NickN

LawnSite Bronze Member
I made one.It's just a large eye bolt.Drill a hole and insert eye-bolt.I assume your JD is a Z correct?
Worked fine on my Toro.

OP
Q

qualitylandscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yep its a Z..

How much weight are you towing?

rookiemower

LawnSite Senior Member
steve go to a welding shop and get a nice beefy one made, i would make my own but i know not eveyone has access to a welder

OP
Q

qualitylandscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm gonna try the eye bolt idea.. If it doesn't work, I'll find someone to weld a setup for me..

NickN

LawnSite Bronze Member
Get a large eye bolt.I used flat washers and lock washers to secure it.I've towed my aerator,dump cart,and spreader with it.No problems as of yet.

rookiemower

LawnSite Senior Member
That was what i was saying Rook00 but he probaly dont have access to a welder

OP
Q

qualitylandscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member
nvm.. I went to my Deere dealer and they found a hitch kit that fit (off a Gator).. So I bought the $35 kit..

As for the welder, I would rather let the pro's tackle that kind of stuff. I don't have the time to do it, or the urge for that matter.

Planet Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
Gotta run the eye bolt now for inginuity. I learn something everyday. SOOOOOOOOOOOO simple, NICE.:p :p :p :blob3: