1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Mower lifts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by cpllawncare, Feb 12, 2013.

1. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I need to purchase a lift for the mowers this year, I'm not going to rig up a lifting contraption, I want to stay in the $300 range, what are your recommendations?

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

3. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Do you have something you could attach a hoist to and use a strap on the front forks? This is the way I do it. No jacks or stands in the way. If you don't for $300 maybe you could get someone to build you a frame that you could use a hoist with. I only paid about $35 for my hoist and the strap was around $10. I attach the hoist to the steel beam of my shop. Works for me.

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I love my Jungle Jack. It's not in the way nearly as bad as some of the other jacks out there and is far faster to lift than a normal floor jack. If you have roof rafters that would support it and the room then a ceiling mounted chain hoist would be the slick way to go though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I don't have a way to use a hoist so that's out i want a compact lift. I've been using a floor jack but i don't feel safe with the guys using it

6. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

MoJack Pro

7. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the ProLift from Tractor Supply with the 500 pound capacity and they're selling it for $179 now. Works good for zero turns, very solid.

8. bp lawn

bp lawn LawnSite Member

I have a pro lift from ts. I does great, but I had to widen it for my toro z500. My cadet did fit, but the toro didn't.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe the newer models will accomodate wider mowers.

10. bp lawn

bp lawn LawnSite Member

Good to know. I bought mine last year. I would buy another in a heartbeat.
    Posted via Mobile Device