Mower purchase

forthetide2

LawnSite Member
Neighbor and I are splitting a zero turn mower. We were just about set on the Bad Boy Outlaw extreme for $8199 with a 61" deck but I found out about the 0% for 60 that Dixie Chopper is doing and was wondering what the prices on those would be, I can't find them anywhere. The nearest DC dealer to me is about 100 miles and the nearest Bad Boy is only about 35 miles. We could spend 10 on a DC and have around the same payment as the 8300 on the Bad Boy. I just wish I could price and compare the Dixie Choppers online. Which DC mower is comparable to the Bad Boy Outlaw Extreme?

P.S. I understand that DC is the better mower and we'd both rather go that route but if we can get a little more mower out of Bad Boy for 2-3k less then we're going with Bad Boy. Thanks

avguy

LawnSite Senior Member
I don't know anything about the mowers but IMO financing a mower with your neighbor is a bad idea.

OP
F

forthetide2

LawnSite Member
Lol. I'm prepared to pay for the mower myself should things go awry. He's also family...so
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
F

forthetide2

LawnSite Member
Lol. I see where you're coming from. Deal is id buy it myself but he approached me a while back about splitting one we could both use so... why not
Posted via Mobile Device

RAlmaroad

LawnSite Silver Member
Tell you another Bad Idea "Homeowners with Zero Turns". Yea, Yea "Can afford it Mentality with Hummers of Mowers". Should stick with 22" self-propelled or pay a commercial company to do it. Do you realize how many years you could get a commercial mowing firm to mow it for $9000.(Mower and Gas and Oil and sod) Probably the next 10 years. Think about it. I've been in this industry for 40+ years and seen almost everything.

retrodog

LawnSite Silver Member
Bad boy has 2.9% for 60 months, really not much difference . I would go with the xp for 8699, much more mowe, the suspensiin and oil condensed drive system so much smoother, blows the dixie oit of the water...
Posted via Mobile Device

Fresh-popcorn

LawnSite Member
Tell you another Bad Idea "Homeowners with Zero Turns". Yea, Yea "Can afford it Mentality with Hummers of Mowers". Should stick with 22" self-propelled or pay a commercial company to do it. Do you realize how many years you could get a commercial mowing firm to mow it for $9000.(Mower and Gas and Oil and sod) Probably the next 10 years. Think about it. I've been in this industry for 40+ years and seen almost everything.

It all depends on how much land he and his neighbor/family member has.