Mower question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cibula11, Sep 4, 2011.

  1. cibula11

    cibula11 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 55

    So would I first need to complete an application through my county website?

    I have no idea how many yards I'll want to mow, but yes, you could say this may be a "gateway" into the business. I teach and have summers off, so I would just be doing this part time. I don't want to spend a ton of money going "all out" legally, when one yard might be all I have for a couple of years. I really am just wanting to be covered enough to do this job, but not so much that I don't recoup what I pay in licensing and insurance.
  2. cibula11

    cibula11 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 55

    So, I registered as a sole proprietor, but have some questions before submitting. I am asked to register for tax licenses (sales tax,consumer use, withholding) and didn't know if any of those applied? Any help?
  3. JDiepstra

    JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,511

    I wouldnt ask a guy who mows lawns for tax advice.
  4. cibula11

    cibula11 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 55

    You would think any owner of a business should know what licenses they are registered for.

Share This Page