1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

mower tires

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by little green guy, Jun 7, 2000.

1. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

ok heres the deal, i do know how to fix equipment, i do it all the time but i wasn't thinking today. the other day a got a flat tire on one of my mowers and haven't had time to fix it because i've been so busy so i just dumped the mowers in the shed and left. Today i had some time and devcided to fix it but i didn't have time to go to the mower shop to get a tube. I decided to take the tube out and went down to the local auto parts store and got some tire slime stuff that is supposed to fill punctures in the tire. i put the tire back on the rim and put that stuff in it. the stuff did not work and when i moved to mower the tire came of the bead and now i'm skrewed because i have a flat tire with that junk in it and it's of the bead.it wouldn't be problem but i got the silly stuff in the tire. Anybody got any suggestions i would realy appieciate it? This is realy annoying because i'm so busy and i think i just wasted a tire.

2. Buy a tubleless tire repair kit and/or another wheel/tire combo as a spare.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

If it is Slime it should just rinse out. Sealing a bead ain't that big a deal. You will need to find a gas station or something with a compressor. It is easy if the wheel is off the mower.

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I've never used SLIME but I've used something like VICTORS ,or whatever it is.<p>why did you take the tube out? shouldn't you have left the tube in and aplied the slime into the tube?<p>an option is wash out the slime and put a new tube in.<p>good luck<p>GEO

5. ojonesy

ojonesy LawnSite Member

the answer is SuperFlex SoftFill Flatproofing. No more flats, no more leaks, no more downtime!

6. Keith

Damn, you sound like a salesman.

7. ojonesy

ojonesy LawnSite Member

just letting you know there is a 100% fix for your tire problems. Keep pumping the &quot;slime&quot; if you like.

8. Keith

I don't care if you are a dealer. It just sounded like a sales pitch.

9. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Just curious about the foam filling. <br>What is the aproximate cost for 22&quot; ZTR tires??<br>Is it as &quot;soft as air&quot; as advertised?<br>Are there any LMO's using foam filled tires and what aplications?<br>

10. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

where can i find out about that stuff? sound like u realy like it