Lawn Care Forum banner

mower went swimming

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  nelbuts 
#1 ·
I am the stupid one today letting my mower go into a swimming pool. All because of my carelessness. My customers sprinkler system was on when I was mowing, so instead of waiting for them to finish, I went ahead and started mowing. My footing on the sulky was getting slippery and you guessed it, as I was turning aroung the pool my foot slipped and I reacted my grabbing the right handle to the ECS and the mower whipped sharply right into the pool. I called the homeowner and he came out to help me get it out. I took my 36 lexmark to the shop and had it serviced and everything is running okay. Please tell me that this has happened to someone else here so I do not feel like a moron.

#3 ·
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I have a customer with a steep hill in the back and I was mowing verticle, and it was slippery, and i was just able to halt before dropping into the lake. I left a nice grind mark in the lawn though. My heart was pounding.

I DIDNT GO IN THOUGH!!!

trevor

#6 ·
the pool was not caged and no one got hurt. Could of hurt my back getting it out, Luckily it went in on the 4ft side instead of the 7 feet side, 2 of us had to get in to lift it straight up and out. A good lesson learned, never mow around a swimming pool when it is raining or the sprinklers are on.

#9 ·
I called the homeowner this evening and asked if his pool cleaning person would charge extra to clean all the grass and dirt that was in the pool. I did not notice any fuel or oil. I would be curious to know if the chlorine in the pool would eliminate oil and gas. I told the homeowner that if the pool guy does charge extra just take it out of this months bill.

#11 ·
I have a better one. my dad was working for a lco back in the day when Lockes were the big machines. so this dude is bringing the locke into the back yard of this house and he is startled by something he sees by the pool. I just happens that the daughter of the customer was outback with a girlfriend sunbathing NAKED!!! of course the hands go up to cover the eyes there is mass confusion and the Locke drives right into the pool.

Luckily it drove right in w/out touching the liner and was easily retrieved via tow truck, they eneded up getting working the same day. No harm, well except the daughter was a little embarassed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.