Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What about taking the gate apart just for the cutting.
Only on chain link of course.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have some small ones but I want to use the 48". Don't have the money right now for either the w/b or 34/36 rider.
I just spent a half hour reading the debate about these concepts.
I am just thinking that it would only take a minute with a cordless to take the four screws off the corner and pull the fence back a little.
I know this sounds extreme but when there it grass on the other side, I've got to mow that stuff...

·
Registered
921 Posts
The problem with chain link fences is pulling them back together. You will need a come along.
If the gate is close to 48, you might be able to work it through. Nose/one caster first, then slide the back.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just picked up 36 inch walkbehind to fit through gates. There are plenty of accounts out there for the taking if you pick up a 36" mower. I have a 48", and two 60" ztr's and never thought it was worth it to have a small walkbehind till I picked this one up cheap. Look around you might get lucky.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
If there ain't that much grass, learn to do it with your trimmer.

I've got a couple of yards I just use the trimmer, faster than push mowing and I can't get the 48" wb in the gate without jockeying through the gate.

They're areas of about 1k sq ft. each, takes about 5-10 minutes with an Echo 261t.

After 5-10 years of trimming, you get pretty smooth at trimming. Even to the point where you could do a whole yard if that's all the equipment you had for whatever reason.

Now I'm trying to work on my trimmer's striping pattern.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
lawnwizards said:
i think i'd rather use a push mower than the echo 261t. it gets hotter than fire after 5 minutes and burns your forearm up.
You're right.... just don't want to walk back around the house to drag the push mower back there.

REALLY gets warm when it's 90+ out like it has been.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, we have a scag 36" walk behind. The mower was bought four years ago. It currently has 126 hours on it. If you plan on being in the business for a while buy a smaller mower, it will definitely make you more money than taking apart fences.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Time is money.

If you are spending the time taking apart and reassembling a fence each week, I would just avoid those lawns until I could either afford a 36" or broke down and bought a throw away 21-26".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.