mowing a cemetery??????

OP
C

cmorris

LawnSite Member
Half of the stones are above the ground and half of them are below. It is a pretty good sized cemetery. I thought about just getting my uncle and giving him a trimmer and blower, and just tell him to take his son with him and blow off all stones as he trims and i will take care of the rest. Thanks for the feedback guys! AT least 10 hrs worth of trimming!!!

WoodBrothersLC

LawnSite Senior Member
We are using 3 people to do the cemetary

steve122

LawnSite Member
cmorris, you shouldn't need to have someone blow off the stones with a blower. Most times the wind from the weedeater will clean the grass off with a quick fanning pass oafter you cut weeds.

Flex-Deck

LawnSite Silver Member
My theory - and I do mow one cemetary, is bid them at 5 times the normal acre rate. The obstacles (stones) slow mowing time and add to trim time. Thanks, Brad

FreshCuts

LawnSite Member
I used to help another LCO with a cemetary he had. It took 2 on mowers and and 2 on trimmers. The 4 of us took 3.5 hrs to do a 5 acre cemetary. It still had some open areas in it. The cost was $300 per cut. He finally hired more help so I no longer help with it.

WoodBrothersLC

LawnSite Senior Member
A better summary of the whole situation is that it takes us approx. 2.5 hours to mow it w/ a 48" and 36" Encore and the 21" JD in the small tight spots that our youngest brother runs. When we trim it takes 2 of us another 1.5 hours for a grand total of 4 hours of mowing and trimming. We only trim every other week. You don't worry about striping when mowing these cemetaries.