Lawn Care Forum banner

Mowing after fertilizer

74K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  dishboy 
#1 ·
I mowed three homes in the usual subdivision this afternoon. One of the homeowners came flying out of the house telling me I couldnt mow because True Green was there in the morning and just put down granual fertilizer. I could tell because it was half way in the road and all over the place. I told him it didnt matter I was not bagging it and I am still cutting at 3.5 inchs. I guess he called True Green and give them my number. True Green calls and told I am liable for the lawn and if there are any problems I will be responsible. I told them to pound salt and hung up.

I have been doing the mowing thing for a couple of years now and never had a problem. What is the difference if I mow today or tommorrow the fertilizer is still going to be there right? It shouldnt matter if its one day or 5 days its still at the bottom. Am I wrong??? I dont do any fertilization so a little insight would be helpful.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.