1. Ask the Expert: Fertilization Strategies for Success: Dec. 12, 2017
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental: Dec. 12, 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Mowing- Bag Or Mulch?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Landscape89, Apr 25, 2006.






Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Landscape89

    Landscape89 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 237

    Just want to see who Does what When Mowing..
  2. sgoalie23

    sgoalie23 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 195

    On 75% of my lawns they don't ask so i don't promote bagging. I can't mulch with this particular machine because the Lazer XS is set up to accept the Ultra Vac QDS system. The other 25% I do bag, and they pay $10.00 per bag. It holds 11 bushels. Dumping from the seat is a God send. Oh yeah, most of the bagging lawns are around a half an acre to an acre of grass. Usually three bags.
  3. Bustus

    Bustus LawnSite Member
    Messages: 181

    Mulch all the way, its cheaper, quicker, and better for the lawn.
  4. rodfather

    rodfather LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 9,501

    Throw it as far as possible
  5. zim bob the landscaper

    zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,706

    all of them but i try to do mulching but some people like the clipping taken up. i wish they only made that for spring and fall clean ups.
  6. K.Carothers

    K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,124

    If I had to bag, I would get out of this business.

  7. rodfather

    rodfather LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 9,501

    I would need a fleet of dump trailers.
  8. J&R Landscaping

    J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 5,095

    85% of my work is side discharge. Only in the fall do I bag unless a customer requests it but that is very rare! I charge a bit extra for bagging as it takes more time and such.
  9. PR Fect

    PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,076

    We really do both, mulch and discharge. The trim mowers are set up to mulch, the big mowers are set up to side discharge with Quickchutes. We found its best to mulch near beds and buildings, and side discharge near walks and open areas. Both mowers have a plan of attack :gunsfirin when we pull up on a site. PR :gmctruck:

    ALAN'S LAWN CARE LawnSite Member
    from IOWA
    Messages: 37

    i switch off and on one week i may mow the next week ill mulch them..only bag when needed

Share This Page