• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Mowing Convention

Moore Mowing

LawnSite Member
I have been thinking about trying to get together some type of convention for next year. Like in March before mowing starts. I think it would be neat for all of the different people to get a look at what other people are using and to demo different types of equipment before buying. It would also be beneficial to talk with other LCOs. I realize it would be a very difficult thing to put together but I think it would be beneficial to a lot of people.

What your alls thoughts????

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
I too thought about doing something like that up here in Michigan. Would have to do a lot of running around and planning though. My biggest concern when I was thinking about it was liability issues

bugspit

LawnSite Senior Member
A Lawnsite rally? hmmm don't want to ride my mower but we could do like the Harley crowd and trailer them :laugh:

no offense intended

rookiemower

LawnSite Senior Member
it sounds great, but how would you locate it for everyone to get to easily. i would come if it was less than 6 hours away

OP
M

Moore Mowing

LawnSite Member
I would probably do it close to where I live. Probably In Bowling Green, KY.

OP
M

Moore Mowing

LawnSite Member
Also another concern I had was how to make money to cover the expenses I would have. I wouldnt be concerned with making money just covering the expenses I had.

Any Ideas????

impactlandscaping

LawnSite Silver Member
If you are serious, I would contact some mower dealers in the area or go straight to the manufacturers, and offer display space and demo spaces for XXX amount of money. Let the corp. end pay for most of the event, they need us to see their new products. Then again, you have the Expo in the fall....