Mowing for a Real Estate company

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by CJ's Mowing Service, Jan 13, 2018.

1. CJ's Mowing Service

CJ's Mowing Service LawnSite Member

I’ve been contacted by a real estate company in my area to provide mowing service to properties they maintain. They will basically be sending me a work order and I will give them a price. I’m
    figuring they have a “price range” pretty consistent to lot sizes. Anyone have a price chart they use for work like this?? Maybe by square foot etc?

2. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Run now

3. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

If they’re asking for a bid, bid your normal rates. If they’re telling you what they will pay, leave it alone. I’ve worked for both styles and have had diff results but the ones that pay my price have been better overall. Be prepared for an always changing route. Real estate/property mgt companies aren’t for every one/biz.

ltdlawn likes this.
  4. CJ's Mowing Service

They are sending a work order and I’m giving the price. Figured I’d stick with what I do normally. Not lowballing myself.

5. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Silver Member
    from Chicago

HUD rates are available online. I believe it's $85 for initial grass cut up to 10ksqft and $80 for re cuts every 2 weeks. This will very depending on location.

CJ's Mowing Service likes this.
  6. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

The work orders will generally have a 3 day service window. Most require before/action/after pics. They usually have a set height they want the grass cut to. I’ve had the work order requesting Fescue be cut to 2” but to maintain that property it needs to be no lower than 3” preferably 3.5”-4”. You’ll have people stop to ask you about the property for sale as if you know something they don’t. Occasionally, they’ll try to get you to do trash outs, change locks, and/or various other handy man tasks. Just make sure you follow their work orders/contracts to a T. Otherwise you will not get paid.

7. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had good results working with property managers. Real estate agents not so much.

8. CJ's Mowing Service

I will work directly with the property manager and her lead inspector.