Mowing in a Prius Story Continued.....

enviroclean2

LawnSite Member
I tried to log into my old account, (Enviroclean) after finding it was banned. I can't figure out why it was banned other than there was a lot of hatred in the previous threads where I posted the picture of our Prius Mowing setup with the Honda HRX's with fold up handles and stihl handhelds back in 2019.

I realized I promised in that thread, I'd update everyone on how it went and never did, so I figured I'd give you guys an update after mowing a season or two in the Houston Suburbs in the Prius.

If your one of the same people that responded with hatred in the previous thread, that got me and possibly a few others, please refrain from posting in this thread, because we don't need to heat stirred up.

With that said, here's the update!

Starting off it took a while to figure out how to make everything fit and get all of our routes set up. I winded up going with a 2 man crew in the first Prius. That crew averaged 20 to 25 yards per day our first year, mowing nothing but postage stamp yards, most lots being 3,000 sq feet sub division lots or less.

Despite all the hatred, I loved the idea and set-up, the Prius averaged $600. to $750.00 per day on most days and we spent less than $6.00 on the longest days on fuel for the Honda and the Prius

By the end of the year I decided to purchase a second Prius, with two more guys.

Fast forward to 2021, I laugh back on the Prius days, everyone here said it would fail and was a stupid idea.

Now we are in the process of purchasing (2) Ford Transits which will be all electric, that were recently introduced. >>>

I'm switching up plans a little bit with this one. I'll be swapping the guys Honda 21's out for the new Scag 30's and going from there.

Just as I predicted a few years ago without going into politics, I predicted and even mentioned in my post the way politics were headed, that there would be a day fuel would become $4 to $5. per gallon. With that said, I will continue with building my business on the energy efficient route, and continue selling it to customers just as that.

I probably won't be around here much, as I drew so much hatred from the site admin in past years with the business start-up. So much, that I don't care to be around here to respond, because I feel I was unfairly treated and judged.

However, I'll end with I wanted to give a final update to everyone and tell those that did encourage me thank you. I've been able to profit enough to take care of my newborn, may for my new mortgage, keep four guys busy, and this year we will be expanding to bigger and greater starting with two electric vans and bigger 30" mowers in hopes to produce more cash flow in a energy efficient way to fight against the days where $5.00 per gallon fuel is coming!

God Bless All of You.

Mac-s Lawn & Snow

LawnSite Bronze Member
Glad to hear its all working out. If I remember right you were banned after lashing out at the admin but no need to relive that and remember we all agree to term of service at Lawnsite. Are you still using an app or are you building your own customer base now? Are you going to spin the new vans into a marketing campaign?

Michael J. Donovan

Head Moderator, Online Communities
Staff member
I tried to log into my old account, (Enviroclean) after finding it was banned. I can't figure out why it was banned other than there was a lot of hatred in the previous threads where I posted the picture of our Prius Mowing setup with the Honda HRX's with fold up handles and stihl handhelds back in 2019.

I realized I promised in that thread, I'd update everyone on how it went and never did, so I figured I'd give you guys an update after mowing a season or two in the Houston Suburbs in the Prius.

If your one of the same people that responded with hatred in the previous thread, that got me and possibly a few others, please refrain from posting in this thread, because we don't need to heat stirred up.

Starting off it took a while to figure out how to make everything fit and get all of our routes set up. I winded up going with a 2 man crew in the first Prius. That crew averaged 20 to 25 yards per day our first year, mowing nothing but postage stamp yards, most lots being 3,000 sq feet sub division lots or less.

Despite all the hatred, I loved the idea and set-up, the Prius averaged $600. to $750.00 per day on most days and we spent less than $6.00 on the longest days on fuel for the Honda and the Prius

By the end of the year I decided to purchase a second Prius, with two more guys.

Fast forward to 2021, I laugh back on the Prius days, everyone here said it would fail and was a stupid idea.

Now we are in the process of purchasing (2) Ford Transits which will be all electric, that were recently introduced. >>>

I'm switching up plans a little bit with this one. I'll be swapping the guys Honda 21's out for the new Scag 30's and going from there.

Just as I predicted a few years ago without going into politics, I predicted and even mentioned in my post the way politics were headed, that there would be a day fuel would become $4 to $5. per gallon. With that said, I will continue with building my business on the energy efficient route, and continue selling it to customers just as that.

I probably won't be around here much, as I drew so much hatred from the site admin in past years with the business start-up. So much, that I don't care to be around here to respond, because I feel I was unfairly treated and judged.

However, I'll end with I wanted to give a final update to everyone and tell those that did encourage me thank you. I've been able to profit enough to take care of my newborn, may for my new mortgage, keep four guys busy, and this year we will be expanding to bigger and greater starting with two electric vans and bigger 30" mowers in hopes to produce more cash flow in a energy efficient way to fight against the days where $5.00 per gallon fuel is coming!

God Bless All of You.
if you are here to post in a legitimate way and not troll the site and try to cause problems then that is fine and we can leave your account open and not have to ban it again.

thanks

Brucey

LawnSite Gold Member

God Bless All of You.
Might be better off sticking with the Hondas the 30" is a rutter I believe with the narrow wheels. I think @Hurryupelectric has had good luck with the Snapper 30"?

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
So you carved a very very minute part of the industry........
1637016490509.png

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Silver Member
The snapper sw15 32” is what I’m running. I’ve explored the idea of the transit van but think it’s limitations outweigh the benefits. If you haven’t already, read everything you can possibly find on the scag 30”. I personally would get the Ferris/snapper fw15/sw15, I love that mower. Maybe entertain the idea of a 4x6 trailer behind the prius and maybe keep the hrx217 in the hatch still. That way you have trailers for cleanups and other odd needs.

4 seasons lawn&land

LawnSite Gold Member
Glad you found a way to get started and you are succeeding and growing. But I gotta say it. The Prius and pushers setup isn’t working out and now you are upgrading to cargo vans and scags, so a typical lawn service set up. I Agree that you managed to get started that way. That’s cool. But you should stick with the Prius biz model if it’s what has gotten you this far and is working so well.

Top Forums