Mowing in a Prius Story Continued.....

OakNut

LawnSite Fanatic
I looked pretty hard when I first got the Turfmaster
I have that one from Harbor Freight and it works BEAUTIFLULLY for a 21" - even my 26" snowblower - but not wide enough for the 30" mower.

You CAN buy larger (wider) ones, but the cost is high and I didn't NEED to buy one when I had a trailer to use.

A cargo carrier would also very much be in the way of getting things in and out of the back of the Prius. You could do it, but it would be a hassle.

rippinryno

LawnSite Gold Member
The issue is the gas cans and machines with fuel and oil in them in the back of the cab. It's not legal and the fumes have to be present while driving the car, especially such a small cab.. Unless you take a half hour at every stop to let your motors cool off.

I would love to see some photos, but I don't think we are going to get that, similar to the last thread. I would say keep doing what you are doing, except that we know you've jumped to a slightly larger vehicle already. Can we see the electric transit setups when you get to that? I think the transit is a much better idea although you're still very limited.

Trisao

LawnSite Member
Those carriers are perfect for even heavy duty snowblowers though. It takes a certain technique to actually get them up the ramp but once you do it’s nice.

iand

LawnSite Bronze Member
for those questioning 25 lawns a day I usually work solo and my typical Friday run every 2 weeks is about 14 lawns in about 5-6 hours with a 21 inch Honda,it's not how may it's how big 2 of those lawns wouldn't even be 300 square feet and the largest would be at most 6000 all wide open no obstacles, my run is drive about 3 miles to 1st lawn then drive maybe a 10 mile circuit back home.
Also I find it much easier to get people to pay $40 for a small lawn than I do to get them to pay $80 for something 3-4 times as large, I love small yards

Mello Living

LawnSite Member
I have that one from Harbor Freight and it works BEAUTIFLULLY for a 21" - even my 26" snowblower - but not wide enough for the 30" mower.

You CAN buy larger (wider) ones, but the cost is high and I didn't NEED to buy one when I had a trailer to use.

A cargo carrier would also very much be in the way of getting things in and out of the back of the Prius. You could do it, but it would be a hassle.
I haul a 42" John Deere rider on my Harbor Freight trailer . With the deck all the way up it goes over the fenders with room to spare . I also added a 4' beaver tail out of wood . It tilts nice and drives on with ease . I love it !

Mark Stark

LawnSite Fanatic
If memory serves, the OP has NEVER posted any pictures of his setup. Definitely not in this thread and I don't believe he did in his previous thread.

For someone operating as such a renegade in the industry, you'd think OP would have plenty of pics queued up and ready to post. Why the hesitation to post pictures so we can all be educated?

Mello Living

LawnSite Member
If memory serves, the OP has NEVER posted any pictures of his setup. Definitely not in this thread and I don't believe he did in his previous thread.

For someone operating as such a renegade in the industry, you'd think OP would have plenty of pics queued up and ready to post. Why the hesitation to post pictures so we can all be educated?
Page 4 on this thread he has a pic of a mower and trimmer in what looks to be a Prius

Top Forums