Lawn Care Forum banner

mowing in the north east

2K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  Allens LawnCare 
#1 ·
when do you guys in t he north east from maine to new york think you will start mowing the end of this week the first of next?

#5 ·
I'm finishing cleanups this week and I'm telling people I will be cutting next week. Also telling them to not feel bad about calling and asking for a cut since I am behind because of the lovely weather. A few here in western mass will need cutting this week but I'll get them next week when I start mowing full time.

#8 ·
I got some to start cutting tomorrow and the rest of the week. Still have a few more cleanups and the rest i expect will be ready the week after. Grass is turning green rapidly and its reallly starting to grow:)

#10 ·
My spring clean ups are all done for my regular customers. I have a couple of one timers left. I started my weekly mowing on Thursday.

#11 ·
I will be mowing this week. The grass is growing, unfortunately, it's wetter than all get out and my Z is not exactly the machine to "tip-toe" around.

#12 ·
We have been mowing at the same time as we do each cleanup (actually we dethatch every lawn, scalp cut at about 2 inches or so to buy us some time), so I have mowed almost every place. We will be done with cleanups on Thursday, May 3rd, and do some more big mulch jobs on Fri-Sat, with full time mowing starting May 7th our latest ever. Many guys in this area have 2 weeks of cleanups to do yet

#16 ·
Should be the first of next week, especially with the nice weather predicted for the rest of this week. SUN!!!

#19 ·
I started mowing last week in CT, I went to Southern Maine two days ago and the grass is just turning green..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.