Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who here mows in the rain. does it slow you down or effect your cut. how heavy does it have to be for you not to mow.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Yes I mow in the rain. If i didn't I would never get the lawns done in the spring.
Slows me down about 25% due to loss in traction and scraping deck. I wont take any more than 2" off at a time when wet.
double up your blades and take off the mulch kit. Sometimes you have to lift the deflector but be careful not to send rocks and debris towards the windows.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Only if I get caught in a shower or storm and only for the sake of no having to go back and fininsh up. About the only thing that'll stop me is if I am going to rut the lawn - but rarely will it rain that much that quick. Soft soil usualy only stops me during the Winter time because it takes so long to evaporate. But 9/10 times, if I do mow in the rain(during the warmer months) for 5 or 10 minuts it passes through, I wipe my seat with a towel, put on a dry shirt and mow away.

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
yup mow in the rain. I used to believe that you shouldn't mow in the rain, but in order to make it in this business you do have to mow in the rain & snow (what fun that was).

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
NO! I don't mow in the rain! It's miserable and it makes a bigger mess that takes longer to clean up than if I wait until it's not raining. And I've been doing that for 8 years. I hate being wet!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.