• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

mowing more than once per

jajwrigh

LawnSite Bronze Member
I will respond on behalf of many on this board....how many times you would cut the same property in a week could depend on the following:

rain
customer preference
height of blade
part of the country
season
etc....

Which such a general question, it can be difficult to answer it accurately because there are so many factors involved. The spring through the hottest part of the summer I usually cut every 5 days. Sometimes a bit sooner and sometimes later. Weather plays a huge factor in the mowing season too.

OP
tjcezar

tjcezar

LawnSite Member
I ask because I have problems with customers that only want mowing once a week, but in spring and early summer when the stuff is growing like "grass" It should definately be cut at about 5 days. It is hard to explain to these pita's that it needs cut more often.

vadeere

LawnSite Member
If you cut extremely low you will run into scalping issues. You might also casue the grass to turn yellow because it cannot hold enough moisture. Just my $.02