1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

mowing more than once per

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjcezar, Feb 19, 2004.

1. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

How many of you mow more than once per week?

2. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

?______________________________________

3. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

meaning mowing the same customer more than once

4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I will respond on behalf of many on this board....how many times you would cut the same property in a week could depend on the following:

rain
    customer preference
    height of blade
    part of the country
    season
    etc....

Which such a general question, it can be difficult to answer it accurately because there are so many factors involved. The spring through the hottest part of the summer I usually cut every 5 days. Sometimes a bit sooner and sometimes later. Weather plays a huge factor in the mowing season too.

5. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

We have a few that wants cut twice a week. I try to discourage it but some peeps are stubern

6. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

I ask because I have problems with customers that only want mowing once a week, but in spring and early summer when the stuff is growing like "grass" It should definately be cut at about 5 days. It is hard to explain to these pita's that it needs cut more often.

7. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

If i cut lower (currently cutting at 3) would that reduce the speed of growth?

8. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

If you cut extremely low you will run into scalping issues. You might also casue the grass to turn yellow because it cannot hold enough moisture. Just my $.02

9. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

yeah i really dont want to cut lower. I was just asking

10. ludwiglawncare

ludwiglawncare LawnSite Member

I like the cut it high and often theory. High grass equals less weeds and more money in your pocketbook.