Mowing or applicatons

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Scott's Lawn Maintenance, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

Scott's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

For those that offer both services , will you put off mowing to make your applications or vice versa ? Both services need to be done and with hotter temperatures coming I’m concerned about putting off applications .

2. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on the situation. I look at what is best for the grass. Sometimes that means skipping or delaying service.

bmc1025 likes this.
  3. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

The problem is that they all need both at this time .

4. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Fanatic

Well, you'll probably get more complaints now about uncut lawns.
    What applications have you completed & what applications do you have scheduled now?

bmc1025 likes this.
  5. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

I would cut then treat it. I started this way. We would mow then spray making only one trip. I had all mowing accounts doing apps. Everything we cut 19yrs later(today) we do apps on.

6. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

Round 2 dimension and broadleaf weed control , and yes complaints usually about mowing but really need to get this round completed . Do not like doing both the same visit .

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  7. I Am Jeremy

I Am Jeremy LawnSite Member

I regularly skip cuts to spray. I mention this to customers that my spray packages involve sprays in lieu of cuts from time to time at my discretion. And the benefit is less work for me!