Mowing per hour price w/ Mini Ex

Albery's Lawn & Tractor

LawnSite Bronze Member
This is a new market we are thinking about getting into. We would be using a Kubota U55 with a 30" flail mower. We would only be doing ditch banks for several ditch companies we currently work with. Mostly mowing just weeds and cat tails so nothing too hard on the equipment.

Dirtman2007

LawnSite Platinum Member
This is a new market we are thinking about getting into. We would be using a Kubota U55 with a 30" flail mower. We would only be doing ditch banks for several ditch companies we currently work with. Mostly mowing just weeds and cat tails so nothing too hard on the equipment.
$110-$125 for my yanmar vio55 with the weed wacker. just depends on how rough of stuff im trying to cut and how many rocks

minimax

LawnSite Senior Member
$85 per hour here with a deere 35D with a 40" us mower flail head.
$170 per hour for a 160 size with a disk mower.
minimax

clydebusa

Inactive
$200 1st hour and $85 for additional hours. This price is when it is close to roads. Start price cheaper when cars are not involved. Carrying 2mil in insurance.

excav8ter

LawnSite Member
How much per day is it to rent a mower...like an ex30? We live in a CHEAP area as far as equipment rates go, but $85-$90/hr for a mini like my Kobelco sr35 is normal for just digging work. I was thinking about charging my normal rate plus a "daily rate" for the mower head.

ioilyouin

LawnSite Senior Member
That seems like a pretty low price per hour for the 35d.
Minimax has been doing this for quite a while, so if he makes money there I wouldn't question it. Dirtman is in an area where there is more money than common sense, so he can jack the rates. If you price yourself too high you're just inviting someone to come in and undercut you.

How much per day is it to rent a mower...like an ex30? We live in a CHEAP area as far as equipment rates go, but $85-$90/hr for a mini like my Kobelco sr35 is normal for just digging work. I was thinking about charging my normal rate plus a "daily rate" for the mower head.
I don't know of anyone renting a mower out.

OP
A

Albery's Lawn & Tractor

LawnSite Bronze Member
Like I said this is a new market for us out here, according to the dealer only one other contractor does and he runs a 40" rockhound and charges $200 an hour. Around here most of the ditch companies would just burn the banks to keep weeds and cat tails down but they haven't been able to do so with how dry it has been the past couple years and the burn bans that have been issued. I am thinking of starting off in the $125-140 range since we can get $85 an hour just to dig.

excav8ter

LawnSite Member
Like I said this is a new market for us out here, according to the dealer only one other contractor does and he runs a 40" rockhound and charges $200 an hour. Around here most of the ditch companies would just burn the banks to keep weeds and cat tails down but they haven't been able to do so with how dry it has been the past couple years and the burn bans that have been issued. I am thinking of starting off in the $125-140 range since we can get $85 an hour just to dig.
I am re-thinking a mower too....mostly because the County Drain commissioners I have spoken to, don't allow mowing/mulching of drainage easements and creekbanks. Looks like the only work is going to be with a trees service and private land owners. I was thinking about charging my normal hourly rate, plus a daily rate for the mower head....like $200-$250 a day. Which is what an attachment rents for around here.