MP Rotator vs RB R-VAN

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by zr100, May 13, 2018.

1. Delmarva Keith

Delmarva Keith LawnSite Senior Member

Do right or don’t do. :eek: The only real difference between a pro and a wanna-be is a pro won’t settle for wrong. It’s really not that hard to do it right which is what often makes the hack job fixes so frustrating (but at the same time profitable).

And I’m a few beers so I have to ask — a 2” head — what the heck is that for? You growing a miniature golf green? :laugh:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Mike Leary likes this.
  2. vbx

vbx LawnSite Member

Yeah, I found that out after the fact. But swing pipes works but would be hard to do the corners.

It was an perfect replacement of the brass heads.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

What, someone's too cheap to buy more brass heads? :realmad:

4. OP
    OP
    zr100

zr100 LawnSite Member
    from NH

What?

Picture this.

Remove head, Remove riser, insert 3/4" or 1/2" to funny pipe elbow, a proper length piece of swing pipe, another elbow to head at correct height.

Delmarva Keith likes this.
  5. vbx

vbx LawnSite Member

For the corners? I can somewhat picture it. But the head will be about 1" off the the original location. Plus a lot of digging.
    [​IMG]

6. vbx

vbx LawnSite Member

No, wanted to "upgrade" to the rotating nozzles.

7. magna111

magna111 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

First, an inch or 2 isn’t going to be a deal breaker. And 2nd, I highly doubt the system is installed the way you have drawn up, unless it was installed by you in the first place.

8. vbx

vbx LawnSite Member

The PVC were installed just like that. It's an old setup. The pipes are a bout 2" away from the edge. So using the funny pipe method, it'll be 3-4" away from the edge.

I'll leave it the way it is now. 2" head.