MP Rotator vs RB R-VAN

Delmarva Keith

LawnSite Senior Member
. . . or pay to have it done right.
Do right or don’t do. :eek: The only real difference between a pro and a wanna-be is a pro won’t settle for wrong. It’s really not that hard to do it right which is what often makes the hack job fixes so frustrating (but at the same time profitable).

And I’m a few beers so I have to ask — a 2” head — what the heck is that for? You growing a miniature golf green? :laugh:

Last edited:

vbx

LawnSite Member
Homeowner belongs in that area.....but.....install an elbow to swing pipe and move the correct head to the correct height.
Yeah, I found that out after the fact. But swing pipes works but would be hard to do the corners.

Do right or don’t do. :eek: The only real difference between a pro and a wanna-be is a pro won’t settle for wrong. It’s really not that hard to do it right which is what often makes the hack job fixes so frustrating (but at the same time profitable).

And I’m a few beers so I have to ask — a 2” head — what the heck is that for? You growing a miniature golf green? :laugh:
It was an perfect replacement of the brass heads.

OP
zr100

zr100

LawnSite Senior Member
Yeah, I found that out after the fact. But swing pipes works but would be hard to do the corners.
What?

Picture this.

Remove head, Remove riser, insert 3/4" or 1/2" to funny pipe elbow, a proper length piece of swing pipe, another elbow to head at correct height.

vbx

LawnSite Member
What?

Picture this.

Remove head, Remove riser, insert 3/4" or 1/2" to funny pipe elbow, a proper length piece of swing pipe, another elbow to head at correct height.
For the corners? I can somewhat picture it. But the head will be about 1" off the the original location. Plus a lot of digging.

magna111

LawnSite Senior Member
For the corners? I can somewhat picture it. But the head will be about 1" off the the original location. Plus a lot of digging.
First, an inch or 2 isn’t going to be a deal breaker. And 2nd, I highly doubt the system is installed the way you have drawn up, unless it was installed by you in the first place.

vbx

LawnSite Member
First, an inch or 2 isn’t going to be a deal breaker. And 2nd, I highly doubt the system is installed the way you have drawn up, unless it was installed by you in the first place.
The PVC were installed just like that. It's an old setup. The pipes are a bout 2" away from the edge. So using the funny pipe method, it'll be 3-4" away from the edge.

I'll leave it the way it is now. 2" head.

Top Forums