MP Rotator vs RB R-VAN

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by zr100, May 13, 2018.

1. vbx

vbx LawnSite Member

I need to install a pressure regulator to get the water pressure down to 40-45.

Should I go the easy route and use a rainbird pressure regulator installed at the valves? Or pay a plumber to install a wilkins regulator?

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I may have missed it, but what is your pressure/gpm AT the head location?

3. Ron Wolfarth

Ron Wolfarth Sponsor

In order for anyone to give you real help with your question, there is much more information needed. For example, why do you need to get to that pressure? What is the water source? Pump? City Water? Mainline type, size, length from source to sprinklers? Elevation change? How much? What are the other pressure requirements on the section of mainline that you are using for your purpose?
    There are several ways to get to 45psi, the best way is determined by knowing the info above and more that didn't just jump to mind as I typed.

Delmarva Keith and Mike Leary like this.
  4. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Silver Member

enorl76 likes this.
  5. enorl76

enorl76 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Orlando, FL

6. Ron Wolfarth

Ron Wolfarth Sponsor

I agree with both of you. But the OP did not say he had spray heads. 45psi seems to indicate that but I did not want ass u me. (Because that make an a** of you & me)

Mike Leary likes this.
  7. enorl76

enorl76 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Orlando, FL

Ah. Missed that part. That's why you're the expert!

<== ass-king for forgiveness. lol

Mike Leary and Ron Wolfarth like this.
  8. magna111

magna111 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

The post is about mp’s and r-vans and this guy said he was considering switching from mp’s to r-vans, so I think it’s a safe assumption that he is using spray bodies.

Ron Wolfarth likes this.
  9. vbx

vbx LawnSite Member

Correct. Cant use the regulated heads since my sprinker pipes are way too high. I can only use a 2" head. Unless I want it to stick 3" above ground or pay to have it done right.

Currently using k-rain 2" heads with a checkvalve.

10. OP
    OP
    zr100

zr100 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Homeowner belongs in that area.....but.....install an elbow to swing pipe and move the correct head to the correct height.

enorl76 and Delmarva Keith like this.