1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

MP Rotator vs Single Stream Rotor

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by txirrigation, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

not a boiler drain, but a genuine "lawn hydrant" - very large water passage in those. When's the last time you saw one of those as new work?

2. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

Been awhile but I have seen some of those in some older sections of Dallas. Usually with the oval handle.

A-1 I concur but I think TXI is referring to redoing systems in which the pressure is low because of too large a spray zone. He may correct me but that was my reading. Maybe he is talking install after rereading.

3. Wet_Boots

You see them, or at least a form of them, in old Tom and Jerry cartoons, and the cat has run squarely into a few of them.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  4. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

6 minutes and 49 seconds. I don't know boots. can you just give me the time of the spots you want me to speed to? You know like 3:53 Tom stubs toe on water hydrant.

5. Wet_Boots

I couldn't find the one I remember, so I just tossed in one I'm fond of. Compared to the Warner Bros toons I grew up with, these are like a primal scream.

6. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

So this cartoon doesn't even have an example of what you were referring to?
    I did a search. Is it this one?

7. Wet_Boots

Oh, I found one good view of a lawn hydrant, but no one was running into it. The collision I recall almost hurt to look at - obviously all steel plumbing.

[​IMG]

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I replaced some sprinklers not to long ago, some junk spray sprinklers that wouldn't even pop due to extremely low system pressure (~21-23 PSI nozzle pressure). Replaced the sprinklers and nozzled with MPRotators, picked up a few PSI (nozzle pressure at ~25 PSI), but now the "system" works.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Pics?.......We have not seen too many from you.

10. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I use them all the time.
    Posted via Mobile Device