1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mpg Gmc K3500

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Signature Landscaping1, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I have a quick question. Roughly how many mpg does a Gmc K3500 dually, with the 454 in it get?

Thanks,

Joe

2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Depends on how you drive, it you drive like a maniac probly around 7mpg, but if you take it easy and drive, you could probly get around 13 maby 14

3. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a 454 non dually. I got about 7-9 mpg.:cry:

4. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

ouch. Even Hummer H2's don't get that bad.

5. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

I don't think I ever heard anybody with a big block claim more than 10 mpg. Dually or no.

6. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Mileage with a gas motor, what is that?!!!!!

Tim

7. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

You won't see over 12 max on the highway. 8-9 aorund town and even 7 with a lot of hauling/towing.

I talked to a guy at the gas station that has a GMC 2500 DMAX........told me he got 16mpg pull'n two horses back from PA to VA.

8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

The older 454's got bad mileage. The vortecs. Buddy of mine has one, single rear wheel and it gets 4-5 around town and 7-9 on the freeway. yuck. I remember last year I plowed with it and that thing would use a 1/2 a tank of gas on a parking lot (small). Go diesel, I get 18mpg pulling my trailer with the new nasty fuel.