• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

MS Office 2007

MarcSmith

LawnSite Fanatic
Hey folks I just got "upgraded" to MS office 2007... What a steaming pile of fecal matter.

has anyone reconfigured their office 2007 to look like to old MS office. Iam having a hard time finding all the button and s shortcuts I used when making documents.

I'm sure its just a matter of a learning curve, but Its so frustrating....

thankfully I still have windows XP...

Marc

OP
M

MarcSmith

LawnSite Fanatic
when windows XP came out I like the fact the I still had the option for the "classic" windows appearance...

Ive been looking for an "appearance" setting the Office that will give me the "classic look" but so far no luck finding it.

Its gonna take hours to figure out a nice set up that I can live with...

bohiaa

LawnSite Fanatic
WOW.... I'm sorry....

Comming form the computer field. I gues.s I never have done much research on how people feel about upgrades to software.
I have never herd such a downplay on an office product.
as you know " or should know" there are only 2 type sets in the world.
in the early days microsoft prety much took over 5.1. leaving only word perfect left for the masses.

NO one. AND I MEAN no one, uses word perfect, except attorneys.
those are your options.
personaly. I dont see much need for a type set in the lawn care business.
any invoices/letters, and such my database for lawncare business handles it quite well.

OP
M

MarcSmith

LawnSite Fanatic
Not your fault....

I loved Word perfect 5.1 running on dos...it was a great program...

I'm sure MS office 2007 has tons of neat new upgrades, but the user interface sucks as what I'm used is the MS office 2k it is nothing even remotely close to what it was... and since everyone at the university is running 2007 you essentially have to upgrade since office 2k can't read the 2007 files...DOH