1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

mtd pro

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by heyzoos, May 3, 2006.

1. heyzoos

heyzoos LawnSite Member
    from kansas

just wondered if anyone had any knowledge of the MTD PRO brand of zero-turn mowers...i looked at one this weekend that has 25hp kohler, 60" deck with just over 90hrs on it...the guy will take around $2500 for the machine...can't seem to find out to much info on the internet

2. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

the price is too high for 90 hrs. you can get a new machine for <3k in the troy built or cub cadet flavors and they are pretty much the same machine. if you don't want to get a new one, offer $1500.00 and plan on replacing belts, etc.

3. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I have that same machine. It is mostly a back up now but does a nice job. It is the exact same mower as the cub cadet tank or the lesco mowers. The only downfall I have with it is the deck gets clogged faster in wet grass. It doesn't have as deep of a deck as others.

4. heyzoos

heyzoos LawnSite Member
    from kansas

thanks landscaper...i thought it seemed pretty similar to the 'tank'...does it stripe well?...i'll only be using it to mow 3ac once or twice a week, so i won't have to mow wet grass