1. Ask the Expert: Fertilization Strategies for Success: Dec. 12, 2017
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental: Dec. 12, 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Mulch....bonding agent??

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by brian mon, Jun 11, 2006.

  1. brian mon

    brian mon LawnSite Member
    Messages: 143

    Need help....

    I think I saw in Turf mag. in the back adds a product to spray on the surface of mulch to bond it together, and still allow water & air passage...But as all the copies of the mag., read it once and in the circular file.

    I'm looking at a 30yd mulch job and being in South Dakota the windiest state in the U.S. it might be just the thing I need. I'm tired of replacing mulch every 2 years, and cleaning it out of the grass, as well the client is tired of replacing every 2-3 years, but went from rock to mulch, so thats not an option.

    Any help would be great..:)
  2. TriCountyLawn

    TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,517

    I also saw this add and was wondering about these type of products. I have a few accounts where most of the mulch slowly makes its way down hill.
  3. muddstopper

    muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,341

    The product is probably a poly acrylamide polymer. It is often used as a dust control agent as well as a hydroseeding tackifier. Several companies sell polymers and not all poly acrylamides are the same. WaterSorb, http://www.watersorb.com/index.htm , is one of the cheapest sources of the polytacks as well as the water absorbing polymers. Look under tackifiers or PAM. You will need some sort of agitation to mix the product with water before spraying.

    Similar products include EarthBond, and Soil Guard. Desert Mnt Corp. also sells a good product, but I cant remember what they call it.

Share This Page