1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulch Calculator For Those That Are Math Deprived

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Mr_Marc, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

Let me know what you think?

Attached Files:

2. LonghornShortgrass

LonghornShortgrass LawnSite Member

:) Marc, that calculator works great! Thanks for taking the time to develop it. I am not totally 'Math Deprived', but it sure saves some time. Also, to use it as a 'sod calculator', just type in 36 in the inches data block, it gives you the total square yards of sod needed. :angel:

3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

for some reason i cant down load attachments on here, could u please email it to me at ssbhfc@aol.com

4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I love it! That's very cool. I can usually estimate stuff like this pretty dang good just by sight. But this will come in handy from time to time I am sure. I wish there was a way to take it with me! (I don't have a laptop).

5. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Wouldn't let me view it either.

Instead of trying to work all the figures out in my head or paper, I bought a construction calculater(www.calculated.com) that ables me to convert my measrements to sq ft, than again to sq yds and tells me how much cu. yds I will need for that particular application. It's a great little tool.

6. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

MicroSoft Excell or MS Works spread sheet needed to work with the file. Sorry I should have put that in the first post.

7. williamslawn

williamslawn LawnSite Member
    from SC

Anyone looking at www.calculated.com needs to check out their payroll calculator it is great!!

8. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

9. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

You will need Microsoft Excell or MS works Spread sheet.

Now you can caculate how many bags you need. Also it will figure circles. I hope I got the math right?

Attached Files:

10. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

could u email me that one too please? sorry for the trouble. moderators when i click download a new screen comes up asking for passwords and stuff and it wont accept mine.