1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulch Estimate

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by firefightergw, Sep 28, 2006.

1. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

I've been doing landscaping for some time and have always done my own estimating not caring what everyone else is charging. However, just out of curiousity, I resently did a bid on a mulch job requiring 590 cubic feet of black mulch and was curious how my price compares to others. I will post my bid after I get some responses.

By the way, the bed clean-up is a done deal. No need to figure that in. Mulch job is solely delivering 590 cubic ft. of black mulch and installing.

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

$100/yard with cleaning and edging and it goes down with less work down to $60/yard to just throw it down
    just change that to your feet

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

$80 a yd for colored mulch delivered and spread, as long as it easily accessible to spread
    Approx. $1748

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I charge 50-60 per yard installed, if all I need to do is the install.

wayne

5. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

I bid $1920 plus tax. Thanks for the information. Just wanted to know how my price compared to others. Glad to know I am on the high side.

6. MarkintheGarden

MarkintheGarden LawnSite Bronze Member

I would bid about $1500.00.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

cubic feet? That's 30 dollars right there...

1 cu.yd. = 27 cu.ft. so 590 / 27 = 22 cubic yards of designer mulch @$85 / cube delivered and spread = 1870 plus the 30 dollars for getting smart with me = 1,900.00

You say you bid 1920?
    Sounds like that's even better.

btw, where I get my mulch I usually get 30 odd cubic feet per yard, so you could likely do the job with 20 cubes, still same bid.

p.s.: IF the customer came up with the cubic feet thing, you will likely not get the job (which is a good thing in this case).
    If you did it, then I apologize but it's just not the way I figure things.

p.s.s.: designer mulch isn't cheap.

8. DBL

now that i see what cu feet to yards is my estimate for mulch clearing and edging is $2,200

9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

You did'nt or could'nt convert cubic ft. to cubic yds. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

10. DBL

too lazy to look up the formula